[composed while grading end-of-semester research papers]
- “Without ___(main character, major plot event, major plot device)___, the story wouldn’t happen.”
- “This use of imagery is important because it really puts a picture in your mind of what’s happening.”
- No capitalization, no commas, no proofreading whatsoever
- Rhetorical questions… lots of them
- “__(main character, major plot event, major plot device)___ is really interesting.”
- 2nd person
- “I am going to talk about…”
- All that stuff I went over about what to do for your assignment? You ignore everything.
- All that time you had to write and ask questions? All those times I opened up small-group writing conferences? You work on math or read manga instead. And it’s not because you already knew how to do everything, but because you don’t care.
- Not being able to write passive-aggressive comments on your essay to express my frustration because I’m supposed to be the adult here.